Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Joy of Tea


I was not raised on tea, but I have fallen in love with it.  There are so many benefits but mostly I just love the taste and the calming effect.  Tea establishments are popping up everywhere, a whole new way (or actually very old way that has become much more trendy as of late) to spend an afternoon. 

My kids took me to this adorable little tea spot called Dobra Tea in Asheville, NC where we enjoyed specialty iced tea drinks on a hot day.



  

Yogi Tea Co. - Kava Stress Relief - 16 teabags














I love green or ginger tea in the mornings at work and often drink Kava stress tea in the evenings, but I was always using tea bags...until... 











My daughter introduced me to loose leaf tea.  For Mother's Day she bought me an 

UEndure Tea Infuser along with three varieties of loose leaf tea to try out. 


I loved it, while it lasted...like most glass, I eventually broke it (sorry lady bug!).  
















So instead I bought myself these cute little plastic loose tea infusers, one for work and home.  They are indestructible, made for someone like me, rather ungraceful.

Now I've moved on to some new favorite teas:

Tulsi or Holy Basil loose leaf tea is yummy, no caffeine and came highly recommended from a gynecologist/yogi (I can't remember her name) as one of the best for women's issues.  And it's just yummy.  I love it in the evening.

 Guayusa is another one I'm loving for morning, giving me energy...a great start to my SAVERS mornings.

And of course, Chamomile for a good night's sleep.




And, of course, tea cups are just adorable.


There is a cool little tea spot in Oceanside now...right up my alley...and down my street called Living Tea, my new hang out?