Saturday, July 9, 2016

Stoned Joy

I'm not sure why I'm so in love with painting stones right now, but here's the top 10 reasons I do it:

1.  Because it's easy
2.  Stones are so available right out my front door
3.  It's cheap
4.  It's 'earthing' so completely relaxing
5.  Feels good to do something creative
6.  Feels good to give a gift to the world
7.  No pressure to do it well
8.  No pressure to get it done
9.  No prep or clean up
10.  I inspire myself with the positive inscriptions!




Anyway, someone else has their own stone painting project besides The Abundant Love Project, this one is at Stoneseeking.org, it is all about painting inspiring words on the stones and sharing them with the world.  They work with women's shelters to fund raise as well...but I just like the words.  I'm one of the weirdos that actually buys stones with words engraved on them, so making them now is even more fun.

I actually made some wood plaques with inspiring words and give them to my husbands family for Christmas one year, it was a project where they picked a wrapped word painted on a piece of wood and were supposed to think about it all year and what it meant to them.  I don't think anyone cared, lol, but I enjoyed it.  I'm sort of a word nerd.

I like this inspiring word project better because when I would hide the 'You are loved' stones I was embarrassed someone might see me and wonder if I was sincere that I loved them or if there was really someone that loved them (some people really don't have people that love them, unfortunately) or if there was really a God that loved them (depends on who you ask!).  Being an introvert, that sort of terrified me to be 'caught' and 'questioned' about my motives and sincerity.  I just want to paint stones and hide them...no expectations of me, please.  Sounds silly I know but inspiring words, who doesn't love that and there can't be any expectation of me, I'm just delivering fun and positive words!  I actually combined the projects and do a design on one side and a positive word on the other.

Unfortunately, I make them faster than I can get rid of them.  I need to get out more...