Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Joy of Earthing

One of my biggest problems right now is my anxiety and stress from multiple sources as well as menopause in general.

Apparently it creates an imbalance of cortisol which is influencing my weight, which I hate. I'm sure I also have adrenal fatigue. My liver and kidneys are not doing well based on my latest blood tests...all of this seems to be related.

I'm trying to lower it holistically through various sources such as this article prescribes:

Stressed? 5 Ways to Rebalance Cortisol for Radiant Living

The last recommendation, earthing was a new one to me.  It completely makes sense, I've been doing it all my life but didn't know it was a 'thing' with a 'name'.  Admittedly, as an adult it's become less and less as time is at a premium and I try to fit in exercise at work or the fitness center or the house...and now I need to incorporate connecting with the earth back into my life.


Today I took the time to 'earth', walk in the sand and through the water rather than my usual fitness walk in my walking shoes.  It is always relaxing and now I know it's necessary therapy and I have it right out my door so no excuses for me.

Earthing Universal Mat with Cover KitOf course, it's a current trend with books and products galore...I am tempted to try the earthing mat under my key board, I'm wondering if it would help with all the pain in my wrists from typing so much.  Universal Mat Kit



The nice thing about it, it's basically free to everyone if you just walk outside barefoot.  Which can be a problem in bad weather or big cities full of concrete.  Luckily there are indoor options too (love the salt baths and this totally explains why I love painting my stones!):

Can’t Go Outside? 7 Ways to Get Grounded Indoors

And yet more interesting products and their uses (gotta love the Plugzz shoes, who knew grounding could be fashionable?):

The Ultimate Indoor Grounding Guide: What To Use & When To Use It


So get your vitamin "G" and ground today! 


Here is a great video that explains why it's so therapeutic for us as well as a book:





Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever!