Saturday, February 13, 2016

Joy in my Body



Like most women, I have struggled with accepting my body the way it is.  I don't look like a barbie doll, the role model I grew up with in a society obsessed with perfection.  However, I love the body acceptance projects that are finding their way into mainstream society and am working to accept and love my own body exactly like it is. When we feel like we are ENOUGH exactly like we are, will we be at peace and feel JOY in our own skin. I'm working on that!













When I turned 50 a couple years ago, I kept a blog and posted on a new experience I pursued each week of that year.  One of the 'new' things I did was buy a complete corset outfit with stockings and heels...the whole shebang (I'm pretty tight with money so that was a big splurge for me).  I even let my hubby take a photo...new territory for this conservative girl. I must admit it was lots of fun and I felt sexy at fifty.  I wasn't comfortable  publishing the photo though, even though he really wanted it framed in our room.  I just left it as a photo in his email for the last couple of years.  However, with  my new Joy project this year, I decided to bring him a little more joy and actually print the photo for his Valentine gift...only I did something that was a little more me and created a pop art of my sexy photo shoot!  Hah! Pure Joy, loving the body I'm in!


Below are just a few of the projects and people I love that are changing the way we look at women's bodies, size, shape and age:

Calendar Girlsthe movie, if you haven't seen it, you must!








Mormon Women Bare:  I'm not sure I could do this but I'm totally impressed with those who have, and Mormon women, who'd of thought?










Our Mission 4





Seeing Me Project, celebrating mature women.










Jane Goodall





MIGHTY DOLLS, The NEW barbie dolls...empowering dolls based on real life female role models.








Pro Infirmis «Because who is perfect?» Disability acceptance project.



NYC Girl's Project The first city in the nation to tackle the issue of girls’ self-esteem and body image.




Body Writing Retreat:  I would LOVE to do this!  Kind of expensive...maybe I could do it myself?  Women paint themselves and create their own body art!  Possible Paint Nite?  I'd definitely need some wine!







Dana Falsetti, Yogi...challenging the view of a fitness instructor.






Plus-Size Yogi Who Overcame Binge Eating and Depression Is Inspiring Others with Her Body-Positive InstagramYogi: Dana Falsetti
Posted by David Wolfe on Sunday, February 7, 2016