Friday, January 29, 2016

The Secret to Joy?


The Secret is believed to be a secret and principal law of the universe, it has been around for thousands of years. What is The Secret?  One woman's mission in life is to teach it to everyone, and by so doing, bring JOY to billions.  That's a lofty goal, definitely worthy of looking into...check it out:

 The Secret

So what exactly is it?  Basically it is the "law of attraction", which is the idea that our thoughts and feelings attract energy: If we are negative, we attract the negative and if we are positive, we attract the positive.  In other words, it is believed that by using 'The Secret' we can actually alter our reality and create our own destiny.

Surrounding ourselves with symbols can be a powerful resource in bringing the energy we want to attract.  What do you want to bring to your life?  What is your goal?  Since joy is my goal this year I'm using symbols around me to help both attract joy to my reality as well as understand better what exactly it is and how I can live it more fully.

For several years now I have chosen a new word each year to focus on.  In the past I have chosen:

Love
Believe
Hope
Dream
Passion
Enough

Well, obviously a year on each topic has NOT made me a master of any but it has definitely helped me to bring a more positive energy to my life by focusing on something important to me.  Each year I surround myself with things (symbols) that remind me to focus on the word, think about the many dimensions of what it means and how it effects me, as well as how I want to live it and create it in my life.  And the hope, of course, is that I will attract that energy into my life.

Henna tattoo to start the year off!I've only begun my collection of the symbols of joy.  I'm a word person, so it's usually the word in different forms, but it's fascinating to me that once you focus on something, you find it everywhere..The Secret at work attracting it all to me, right? First it was the tattoo my cousin saw at the henna store and encouraged me to get:

 Then it was a key ring that said, "Find Joy in the Journey" that I found:


And today it was a wood sign on sale, that of course, I had to have:


Well, I really AM finding JOY on my journey (at least the word!).  I'll post more as I add to my collection!  

Here is an interesting article about:

The Power Behind Symbols in Reality Creating



No comments: