Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Joy of Creative Emotional Expression

Last week I signed up for an art therapy class...because I need instructions on both art and therapy.  Unfortunately I have not been very disciplined to watch all of it but it did push me to buy myself my own paint supplies.  Watercolors, acrylic paint, easel and brushes...I'm all set.  I gave myself permission to paint with abandon rather than trying so hard to make a good painting.  It doesn't matter, it's about the experience, not the product.  My first painting I wanted my own lotus to remind me that I can blossom in the mud and to ENJOY the mud.  It's now hanging in my bathroom so it's the first and last thing I see each day.


Today it was painting my own bleeding heart...with wings...a reminder of the courageous act to open your heart and fly through the difficulties of life.  It's hard work...falling and getting cut up is all part of the journey...but just keep opening those wings to move forwards.   Appreciate those who stick around through the falls...they are rare and wonderful.  Let the rest go where they need to go...they have their own journey.


My hubby joined me on the balcony, keeping me company and painting our beautiful view of the sunset.  There isn't much better therapy than an ocean view, a creative outlet and a best friend to share it all with.  I feel so lucky to have all three today.  A glass of wine helps when you have a difficult fall as well, enjoying that too.


No comments: